Backflow Preventer Testing
We are your ONE STOP SHOP for all your Backflow needs!
In 2011, the Town of Mooresville required business owners to put a special valve on their water connections to protect its water supply from harmful substances. These backflow devices are required to be tested and certified on an annual basis, by a NC licensed plumber.
Included in the annual backflow valve test procedure is recordkeeping and reporting. If the annual backflow test isn’t fully completed in the allotted timeframe a fine may be levied and worst case scenario the water supply may be interrupted.
The testing process, including the report, must be performed by a NC licensed plumber; the property owner is not allowed to submit his own test results. The test process consists of several steps:
- 1) Determining the type of prevention device installed
- 2) Define the flow direction of the water
- 3) Temporarily disable the water supply leading to the device
- 4) Install a backflow water pressure testing device
- 5) Check the water pressure the backflow preventer will withstand
- 6) Report the test results to the Town of Mooresville and State of NC
- 7) Provide certification to property owner
Upon successful test results, a certification verifying its correct operation is issued to the property owner. This certification is valid for the forthcoming year for the only the backflow preventers listed on the report.
As a licensed, insured and bonded Mooresville Plumber with all up to date NC State certifications, I have completed many annual backflow tests and would be more than happy to test any commercial backflow preventer and ensure compliance within the regulations of our town.